Mack-Cali Realty Corporation Awards Westchester/Connecticut Brokers
03/21/2002 Category: Miscellaneous
Cranford, New Jersey—March 21, 2002—The New York/Connecticut office of Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE:CLI) was host to over 170 of the New York area's leading real estate brokers at its fourteenth annual Broker Hall of Fame Awards Breakfast held at the Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York. The event gave Mack-Cali the opportunity to honor the commercial brokerage community in New York and Connecticut and to recognize those individuals and firms whose efforts helped the company to maintain its overall occupancy through 2001 at 97.5% for its 5.9 million square foot regional portfolio.
Michael Grossman, executive vice president, reflected on the year's highlights and outlined the company's plans and opportunities for the brokers in 2002.
Among the award recipients were:
- James B. Tully, C.B. Richard Ellis, Inc., Broker of the Year
- Maureen O'Boyle/Andrew Carney, Cushman & Wakefield of Connecticut, Inc., Most Transactions by an Individual Broker
- Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., Most Transactions by a Firm
- Phil Luria, Austin Corporate Properties and Belinda Scanlon, Albert B. Ashforth, Inc., Largest Lease — Office Space, for Bunge Management at Westchester Financial Center, 50 Main Street, White Plains, New York.
- Gerard Lees and Terry Brown, III, Cushman & Wakefield of Connecticut, Inc., Largest Lease — Flex Space, for the Ameriquest Mortgage Company lease transaction at Mid Westchester Executive Park, 8 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, New York.
- Robin Herko, Friedland Realty, Inc., Most Creative Deal Award for the Advanced Plastic Surgery lease transaction at South Westchester Executive Park, One Odell Plaza, Yonkers, New York.
The program concluded on a lighter note with Mack-Cali's version of the game show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" that was emceed by Jeff Warner, senior director of leasing. Glenn Walsh of Newmark & Company Real Estate, Inc. won the contest.
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully-integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 266 properties, primarily office and office/flex buildings located in the Northeast, totaling approximately 28.4 million square feet. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of approximately 2,300 tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is available on the Company's website at www.mack-cali.com.
Certain information discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Federal Securities law. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved. Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Among those risks, trends and uncertainties are the general economic climate; the supply of and demand for office, office/flex and industrial/warehouse properties; interest rate levels; the availability of financing; and other risks associated with the development and acquisition of properties, including risks that the development may not be completed on schedule, that the tenants will not take occupancy or pay rent, or that development or operating costs may be greater than anticipated. For further information on factors which could impact the Company and the statements contained herein, reference should be made to the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K, and annual reports on Form 10-K.