New Jersey Properties Awarded for Excellence in Building Management
05/12/2009 Category: Miscellaneous
Edison, New Jersey—May 12, 2009—Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE: CLI) today announced that five of its office buildings in New Jersey have received The Office Building of the Year (“TOBY”) awards from the New Jersey Chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (“BOMA”).
The following class A office buildings will be presented with awards at BOMA-New Jersey’s Annual Night at the Races Awards Dinner on June 10 at Pegasus West in East Rutherford:
- 222 Mt. Airy Road in Basking Ridge, a two-story, 49,000-square-foot building, in the under 100,000-square-foot category;
- 412 Mt. Kemble Avenue in Morris Township, a three-story, headquarters-quality, 475,100-square-foot building, in the 250,000-499,999-square-foot category;
- Harborside Plaza One, at Harborside Financial Center in Jersey City, an eight-story, 400,000-square-foot building which recently completed a $12 million renovation, in the renovated building category;
- Mack-Cali Business Campus in Parsippany, consisting of 17 premier class A office properties totaling approximately 2.4 million square feet, in the suburban low-rise category; and
- 23 Main Street in Holmdel, a two-story, 350,000-square-foot building—for the second consecutive year—in the corporate facility category
Mitchell E. Hersh, president and chief executive officer of Mack-Cali, commented, “We are pleased to have five of our properties honored by BOMA this year. This demonstrates Mack-Cali’s ability to invest capital in both its properties and its unmatched property management team. We’re proud, especially during these challenging times, to remain a financially strong landlord.”
The TOBY award is based on excellence in office building management, with all facets of a property’s operations evaluated, including building maintenance, tenant relations programs, emergency preparedness and security standards, and community involvement.
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully-integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction, and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 294 properties, primarily office and office/flex buildings located in the Northeast, totaling approximately 33.8 million square feet. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of approximately 2,100 tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is available on the Company’s website at www.mack-cali.com.
Statements made in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “plan,” “should,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “continue,” or comparable terminology. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, many of which the Company cannot predict with accuracy and some of which the Company might not even anticipate, and involve factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading “Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are incorporated herein by reference. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.