Mack-Cali Announces Second Quarter Leasing Activity at Westchester and Fairfield County Properties
08/02/2011 Category: Leasing and Development
Edison, New Jersey—August 2, 2011—Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE: CLI) today announced that it leased 225,796 square feet during the second quarter at its office and office/flex properties in Westchester County, New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Company-wide, Mack-Cali leased 1,081,690 square feet of space during the quarter.
Highlights of the second quarter transactions include:
- The Food Bank for Westchester, Inc. signed a new lease for 36,688 square feet at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford, New York. The 94,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 99.8 percent leased. Rick Rakow of Rakow Commercial Realty Group represented the tenant in the transaction. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Louis Amalfitano, senior director of leasing.
- Law firm Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP signed transactions totaling 28,007 square feet, representing a renewal of 22,131 square feet and an expansion of 5,876 square feet at 7 Skyline Drive in Hawthorne, New York. The 109,000-square-foot office building, located in Mid-Westchester Executive Park, is 88.6 percent leased. Howard E. Greenberg of Howard Properties, Ltd. represented the tenant in the transactions. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Carol McGuire, senior director of leasing.
- IMG Worldwide, a global sports, fashion, and media business, signed a new lease for 14,292 square feet at 50 Main Street in White Plains, New York. The 309,000-square-foot office building, located in Westchester Financial Center, is 83.1 percent leased. Ian Ceppos, Al Gutierrez, and Matthew Saker, all of CB Richard Ellis, represented the tenant in the transaction. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry, senior director of leasing.
- Leason Ellis LLP, an intellectual property law firm, signed a new lease transaction for 13,038 square feet at One Barker Avenue in White Plains, New York. The 68,000-square-foot office building is 99.8 percent leased. Gregory V. Frisoli, Lawrence A. Ruggieri, and Christopher B. O'Callaghan, all of Cushman & Wakefield, represented the tenant in the transaction. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Jeffrey M. Warner, vice president of leasing, and Carol A. McGuire, senior director of leasing.
- Law firm Milber Makris Plousadis & Seiden, LLP has signed a new lease for 12,263 square feet at 3 Barker Avenue in White Plains, New York. The 65,300-square-foot office building is now 100 percent leased. Patricia A.Valenti of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant in the transaction. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
Mitchell E. Hersh, president and chief executive officer of Mack-Cali, commented, "We continue to focus on attracting and retaining high credit quality tenants while striving to provide superior work environments and service. This enables us to continue to outperform in our key markets."
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 278 properties, primarily office and office/flex buildings located in the Northeast, totaling approximately 32.4 million square feet. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of over 2,000 tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is available on the Company's website at www.mack‑cali.com.
Statements made in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "may," "will," "plan," "should," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "continue," or comparable terminology. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, many of which the Company cannot predict with accuracy and some of which the Company might not even anticipate, and involve factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading "Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Reports on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are incorporated herein by reference. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.