Mack-Cali Announces Second Quarter Leasing Activity at Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield County Properties
07/31/2012 Category: Leasing and Development
Edison, New Jersey—July 31, 2012—Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE: CLI) today announced that it leased 274,574 square feet during the second quarter at its office and office/flex properties in Westchester and Rockland counties in New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Company-wide, Mack-Cali leased 938,873 square feet of space during the quarter.
Highlights of the second transactions include:
- Bunge Management Services, Inc. and Bunge Limited, international agribusiness and food companies, signed a lease renewal for 66,303 square feet at 50 Main Street in White Plains. The 309,000-square-foot office building, located in Westchester Financial Center, is 85.4 percent leased. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Robert Ageloff, Edward Tonnessen, Ethan Rice, and Justin Centre, all of Jones Lang LaSalle. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry, senior director of leasing.
- MyPublisher, Inc., a provider of custom photo book software and printing, signed a new lease for 40,032 square feet at 8 Westchester Plaza in Elmsford. The 67,200-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 100 percent leased. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Hilarie S. Siles and Michael J. McCall, both of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Louis Amalfitano, senior director of leasing.
- CP Communications LLC, a provider of production communications equipment and service, signed a lease renewal for 9,075 square feet and an 8,100-square-foot expansion lease at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 94,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 99.8 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Carol McGuire, senior director of leasing.
- Applied Behavior Analysis Corp., dba Fred S. Keller School, a preschool for children with learning disabilities, renewed leases totaling 13,445 square feet and signed a 1,278-square-foot expansion lease at 1 Odell Plaza in Yonkers. The 106,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in South Westchester Executive Park, is 90.8 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
- Jacs Amusement LLC, dba BounceU, a children’s playground franchise specializing in birthday parties, signed a new 13,620-square-foot lease at 150 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 74,900-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 99.3 percent leased. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Bruce Wenig of Rakow Commercial Realty Group. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Carol McGuire.
Mitchell E. Hersh, president and chief executive officer of Mack-Cali, commented, “We continue to focus on attracting and retaining high credit quality tenants while striving to provide superior work environments and service. This enables us to continue to outperform in our key markets.”
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 276 properties, primarily office and office/flex buildings located in the Northeast, totaling approximately 32.2 million square feet. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of over 2,000 tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is available on the Company’s website at www.mack‑cali.com.
Statements made in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “plan,” “potential,” “should,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “continue,” or comparable terminology. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, many of which the Company cannot predict with accuracy and some of which the Company might not even anticipate, and involve factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading “Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are incorporated herein by reference. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.