Mack-Cali Announces Third Quarter Leasing Activity at Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield County Properties
11/05/2012 Category: Leasing and Development
Edison, New Jersey—November 5, 2012—Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE: CLI) today announced that it leased 378,173 square feet during the third quarter at its office and office/flex properties in Westchester and Rockland counties in New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Portfolio-wide, Mack-Cali leased 932,990 square feet of space during the quarter.
Highlights of the third quarter transactions include:
- United Parcel Service, Inc. signed a lease renewal for the entire 77,200-square-foot 3 Warehouse Lane in Elmsford. The industrial/warehouse building is located in Elmsford Distribution Center. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry, senior director of leasing.
- FedEx Ground Package System, Inc. extended its term for the entire 66,000-square-foot 600 West Avenue in Stamford. The office/flex building is located in Stamford Executive Park. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
- CSC Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Cablevision Systems, a global telecommunications and media company, signed a renewal lease for 38,900 square feet at 6 Executive Plaza in Yonkers. The 80,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in South Westchester Executive Park, is 100 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
- The Artina Group, Inc., a manufacturer of software compatible forms for business printing, signed a relocation and extension of 19,250 square feet at 250 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 155,000 square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 94.5 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Louis Amalfitano, senior director of leasing.
- Also at 250 Clearbrook Road, General Phosphorix LLC, a distributor of novel beverages, signed transactions totaling 18,250 square feet. The transactions represent a 15,350-square-foot renewal and a 2,900-square-foot expansion. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
- Phoenix Fitness Ventures, Inc., dba Court Sports, a fitness health club, signed a new lease for 17,863 square feet at 150 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 74,900-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 99.3 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Danielle Rollins, leasing associate.
In addition, Mack-Cali previously announced that Regus, the world’s largest provider of flexible workplaces, has signed eight new leases during the quarter totaling 110,242 square feet. The transactions included leases for space at 7 Skyline Drive at Mid-Westchester Executive Park in Hawthorne and 400 Rella Boulevard in Suffern.
Mitchell E. Hersh, president and chief executive officer, commented, “While overall market activity continues to be sluggish, we are pleased with the leasing activity we are seeing in the Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield county markets, where we continue to be the landlord of choice.”
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 281 properties consisting of 275 office and office/flex properties totaling approximately 31.9 million square feet and six multi-family rental properties containing over 1,700 residential units, all located in the Northeast. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of commercial and residential tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is available on the Company’s website at www.mack‑cali.com.
Statements made in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “plan,” “potential,” “should,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “continue,” or comparable terminology. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, many of which the Company cannot predict with accuracy and some of which the Company might not even anticipate, and involve factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading “Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are incorporated herein by reference. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.