Mack-Cali Leases Over 362,700 Square Feet at its Westchester and Fairfield County Commercial Real Estate Properties in Second Quarter
08/03/2015 Category: Leasing and Development
Edison, New Jersey—August 3, 2015—Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (NYSE: CLI) today announced that it leased 362,778 square feet at its office and office/flex commercial real estate properties in Westchester County in New York and Fairfield County in Connecticut during the second quarter. Portfolio-wide, Mack-Cali leased 1,377,100 square feet of space during the quarter.
Highlights of the second quarter transactions include:
- Fujifilm Medical Systems, U.S.A., Inc., a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions, signed a lease renewal for the entire 88,000-square-foot office/flex building located at 419 West Avenue in Stamford Executive Park in Stamford, CT. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Paul Myers, David Block, Steven Greenbush, and Alex Benisatto, all of CBRE. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Louis Amalfitano, senior director of leasing.
- Vie De France Yamazaki, Inc., a manufacturer of baked goods, signed a lease renewal for 24,678 square feet at 525 Executive Boulevard in Elmsford, NY. The 61,700-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is fully leased. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Christopher O’Callaghan and Torey Piccini, both of Jones Lang LaSalle. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Danielle Rollins, senior director of leasing.
- Matrix Absence Management, Inc., a provider of customized programs for employers to manage disability, worker’s compensation, and family leave programs, signed transactions totaling 31,435 square feet at 7 Skyline Drive in Hawthorne, NY. The transactions included an expansion of 5,575 square feet and an extension of 25,860 square feet. Located in Mid-Westchester Executive Park, the 109,000-square-foot office building is 85.9 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Carol McGuire, assistant vice president of leasing.
- Fire End & Croker Corporation, a manufacturer, assembler, and distributor of quality fire protection equipment, signed transactions totaling 23,089 square feet at 6 and 7 Westchester Plaza in Elmsford. The transactions consisted of a 12,621-square-foot renewal and a 10,468-square-foot expansion. Located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, 6 Westchester Plaza is a fully leased, 20,000-square foot office/flex building, and 7 Westchester Plaza is a fully leased, 46,200 office/flex building. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry, assistant vice president of leasing.
- CP Communications LLC, a provider of digital solutions for audio and video communications, signed two renewal transactions totaling 17,175 square feet at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 94,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 99.8 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in‑house by Carol McGuire.
- Gas Turbine Controls Corporation (GTC), a leading supplier of replacement parts, repairs, training, and field services for power plant control systems, signed a new 16,955-square-foot lease at 6 Skyline Drive in Hawthorne, NY. The 44,155-square foot office/flex building, located in Mid-Westchester Executive Park, is fully leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
- C&I Collectables Inc., a leading producer of packaged sports cards and sports plaques, signed a 15,012-square-foot renewal at 250 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford. The 155,000-square-foot office/flex building, located in Cross Westchester Executive Park, is 95.1 percent leased. Mack-Cali was represented in-house by Ivan Abry.
Mitchell E. Rudin, chief executive officer, commented, “We’re pleased that so many of our tenants chose to renew and expand within our portfolio and welcome Gas Turbine Controls to Mack-Cali’s impressive tenant roster. We look forward to serving these tenants’ business needs for years to come.”
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a fully integrated, self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) providing management, leasing, development, construction and other tenant-related services for its class A real estate portfolio. Mack-Cali owns or has interests in 278 properties, consisting of 259 office and office/flex properties totaling approximately 30.4 million square feet and 19 multi-family rental properties containing approximately 5,700 residential units, all located in the Northeast. The properties enable the Company to provide a full complement of real estate opportunities to its diverse base of commercial and residential tenants.
Additional information on Mack-Cali Realty Corporation and the commercial real estate properties and multi-family residential communities available for lease can be found on the Company’s website at www.mack-cali.com.
Statements made in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “plan,” “potential,” “should,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “continue,” or comparable terminology. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, many of which the Company cannot predict with accuracy and some of which the Company might not even anticipate, and involve factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading “Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are incorporated herein by reference. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.