The Top Five Threats To Your Network
Did you know that more than half of companies in the United States don’t have a formal disaster recovery plan? From natural disasters to hacker attacks and computer viruses, threats to your company’s communications network are everywhere and if not protected properly, your network can be vulnerable to these service-effecting issues. The top five threats that you need to be prepared for are:
- Natural Disasters: Extreme weather incidents are on the rise and continue to cost billions of dollars in damage. When one of these storms sweeps over a region, having a backup plan for your network route is critical to remaining online.
- Power failures: While 70% are caused by weather, surprisingly 11% are caused by animals.
- Cable cuts: Cable cuts can happen due to a wide variety of causes including storms, construction workers, vandals, and squirrels.
- Cyber attacks: More than 27 million strains of malware were created in 2014. That's a staggering 74,000 every day that can attack your system. With that, security incidents have also increased drastically—by 66% during last year alone.
- Human error: These types of issues can range from someone trimming trees in their yard at home to accidentally unplugging a wire in a server equipment room. Human error is responsible for 49% of network outages.
In the end, incidents like these can cost companies an average of $287,000. The good news is there are companies who can help. Be sure to look for a service vendor who can:
- Provide a customized network solution to fit the needs of your business
- Help develop a plan of action for possible disaster
- Deliver building entrance, fiber-route, and equipment diversity
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Fibertech Networks is a leader in providing fiber optic-based bandwidth services including, Ethernet-based services, dedicated Internet, and dark-fiber connectivity. For more information, please visit http://www.fibertech.com/resources/features/ or call 866.697.5100.